Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New years in Dubai

• 13-12-2017 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭

Heading over to dubai for news years (6 days) and looking for a few tips /ideas on stuff to do.

Have a few things booked already like top of the burj, skiing, aqua adventure Waterpark and a 7 hr safari.

Considering ferrari World, miracle Garden, cruise, global vision etc.

Any info or tips appreciated.

Also any tips on pubs?

Staying in Al Barsha.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Heading over myself, not sure if you are solo, couple or with family. Maybe a visit to old Dubai in the regions of bur Dubai and deira for a bit of haggling, gold and spice markets and maybe a trip on the old Abra boats across the creek. Also theme parks such as Motiongate, IMG world adventure, wild wadi or Atlantis water park. Shopping to one of the many malls. New safari park only opened its doors for first time this week. Maybe a Yellow boat trip around the palm ? The list is endless. Check out trip adviser for things to do in Dubai. Have a blast, maybe we will be on same plane. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers, yeah we're a couple.

Yeah we'll probably check out the souks and definitely try that boat ride around the palm. Hopefully it will decent weather over there. No fireworks at the burj so I've no ideas around new years eve. Won't bother with the theme parks but will do the water parks and possibly the zip wire. Lots of stuff for doing in fairness.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Zip wire costs a fortune I think. I am traveling with wife and 3 kids. Pricing up everything at the minute and think I may rob a bank. Are you going to buy that entertainer app, I am seriously thinking about it. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Zip wire costs a fortune I think. I am traveling with wife and 3 kids. Pricing up everything at the minute and think I may rob a bank. Are you going to buy that entertainer app, I am seriously thinking about it. Enjoy

I bought it as we went for 10 nights. Paid for itself after 3/4 days and I would say it easily saved us the guts of a grand. Mine is still active if you want to buy it at a reduced rate.

OP we went to Wild wadi waterpark which was brilliant. I would also recommend the desert safari with meal included.

I won't buy the entertainer as it's not valid new years eve or when you enter 2018, also we've booked most of the activities already so it's of no use.

Yes we've booked for desert safari (dune bashing, camel riding and dinner etc). Will be weird skiing one day and in the dessert the next lol!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I won't buy the entertainer as it's not valid new years eve or when you enter 2018, also we've booked most of the activities already so it's of no use.

Yes we've booked for desert safari (dune bashing, camel riding and dinner etc). Will be weird skiing one day and in the dessert the next lol!

I just logged in and saw that it expires on nye. I only got it in April for gods sake. PM me and you can have the log in for free. You may as well use it for the days you are there.

I bought it as we went for 10 nights. Paid for itself after 3/4 days and I would say it easily saved us the guts of a grand. Mine is still active if you want to buy it at a reduced rate.

OP we went to Wild wadi waterpark which was brilliant. I would also recommend the desert safari with meal included.

Thanks 007 but I don’t land over there until New Year’s Day so unless you have the 2018 version the 2017 will be of no use to me.

Thanks 007 but I don’t land over there until New Year’s Day so unless you have the 2018 version the 2017 will be of no use to me.

No problem. Tyson furey, it's yours if you want it.

Out of interest bond, how many people in your party for you to save guts of a grand. It’s working out just over 90 euro at the minute

Out of interest bond, how many people in your party for you to save guts of a grand. It’s working out just over 90 euro at the minute

2 of us. We used it for entrance to waterparks, all our meals in nice spots, drinks, safari and various other things. Trust me it is worth it. A dinner for 2 could be the guts of a 100 euro after a drink or two is included, with the app it can halve the price. Looking at it again it wasn't quite a grand but it was near enough to it. We went half board in our hotel and had we not, it would have saved us well over the grand mark from eating out. Even if you've booked things already they should still accept it. Check is your hotel on it as often you can pick up free nights.

• Advertisement

No problem. Tyson furey, it's yours if you want it.

Wow that would be deadly as we arrive on the morning of the 28th, could use it for a few days at least. How do I go about getting it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I am at work at the moment but I will try and see can I change the log in details later. PM me your email address.:;)

Got back from dubai earlier this work and I must say what a wonderful place. It exceeded all my expectations.

Also big thanks to James Pond for the entertainer app, we managed to save a good few quid in the few days it was available. It's definitely something I would buy if I was going to dubai again.

We'd made an itinerary before going and pretty much kept to that fairly well. The lack of alcohol availability worked well for us as it meant we weren't wrecked and hungover each day.

Highlights for me were the Desert Safari extreme dune bashing and the Atlantis waterpark. Both brilliant fun and fantastic experiences. Also the yellow both tour down in the marina and skiing in the Mall of the Emirates were better than expected. Got to the top of the burj Khalifa which is pretty cool but given the ques I wouldn't do it again.

We watched the fireworks over the Burj Al Arab from the rooftop pool of our hotel. Fireworks were grand, we could also see the fireworks over the Atlantis and the laser show in the Khalifa. Worked well as it meant we didn't have to thrall the streets for hours trying to get back to the hotel.

The malls are absolutely huge and well worth a look. Prices here are similar or a little higher than the republic but the shop list available are far superior. Fountains at the dubai mall are just magical and need to be seen to be believed. Also enjoyed the aquarium. Everything about the malls is extravagant.

Got to the barasti bar and Mcgettigans JLT, Barasti is a great spot and mcgettigans is good too. You don't see your money disappearing in these places though.

We got around by combination of the metro and taxis. Taxis are plentiful and relatively cheap. Metro is cheaper again and spotless but can get busy at times. Just make sure to stand in the correct carriage :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement