Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen advice anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Hiya,

Personally I'm not a fan of the white & grey worktop with cream cabinets, I find it a bit bland but it's a matter of taste and mine might not be good :D

One piece of advice I received from my brother who's an interior architect is to bring in some wood tones to give it a bit of warmth. I got the veddinge grey cabinets, appliances are stainless steel, floors are greyish laminate and I was going to get white worktops but I followed his advice and ended up getting the light oak one. Very glad I did!

Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I personally prefer a light counter top with darker cabinets or vice versa. Having both light I would find a bit boring to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

Thanks for the replies - I am thinking now of the hallestad aluminium worktop and getting a grey glass splashback - similar to pic attached

Worktop:http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/kitchen-products/worktops-worktops-accessories/hällestad-worktop-double-sided-white-aluminium-effect-with-metal-effect-edge-art-90226900/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That might clash with the very traditional door you have in mind.
    What about one of the Ekbacken wood effect ones? We recently got a light grey kitchen with a wood effect worktop, it looks really nice and would probably go pretty well with the Bodbyn door.

Advertisement