Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo or Echo Dot with UE Boom 2

Options
  • 13-12-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭

trying to decide between getting an Echo or alternatively getting an echo dot with a UE Boom2 instead.

(not much difference in cost as they are all on offer today on Amazon)

new to echo so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

If it was me i'd go for the UE Boom 2 & the dot

but i'm seeing £94.99+£34 vs £70 (for the Echo)

I don't have an Echo but the reviews say the audio is average so if you have the cash then the boom+dot is the way to go for sure.

Assuming Audio quality is the priority here.

Owners of the Echo(2nd gen) can chip in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Obsidian is on deal of the day for £79.99

still not sure...might just go for an echo and echo dot - echo dot plugged into receiver in sitting room and echo in bedroom (plugged into stereo speaker if needs be...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

ablelocks wrote: »

still not sure...might just go for an echo and echo dot - echo dot plugged into receiver in sitting room and echo in bedroom (plugged into stereo speaker if needs be...)

good idea, you can add a bluetooth/AUX speaker at a later date if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

ablelocks wrote: »

Yes, The Dot and Echo are your best bet and great price at the moment.

If you have not purchased yet may I also suggest you go for the Amazon Echo (2nd generation)+ TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
    Plus Dot and TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug. The TP Link are super smart plugs and great value at £9.99 when purchased with Echo.

Advertisement