Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE BUS

Options
  • 12-12-2017 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Which bus do I get from airport? Need to get to Talbot street. Also, how much will it cost. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dublin Bus 747 or Aircoach from outside arrivals will both drop you in O'Connell St.

€6 or €7 one way (I think, haven't used either in a few months)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

sugarman wrote: »
    Take the 16 or 41 instead, only €2.60.

Good advice sugarman but op be aware that you will be sitting on the bus for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

In addition to the above you also have:

Bus Éireann 101 will drop you in Talbot Street. EDIT: It appears that the 101 only drops off at Dublin Airport :( Apologies.

Dublin Bus 41 will drop you in Abbey St.

Dublin Bus 16 stops in O'Connell St.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Dublin Bus 747 or Aircoach from outside arrivals will both drop you in O'Connell St.

€6 or €7 one way (I think, haven't used either in a few months)

Both are €6 online and €7 on bus these days.
    crosstownk wrote: »
    In addition to the above you also have:

Bus Éireann 101 will drop you in Talbot Street.

That service cannot pick up passengers at the airport to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

devnull wrote: »

That service cannot pick up passengers at the airport to the city.

Yep - I just spotted that myself on the timetable. Post above edited accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Thanks very much. Time isn't an issue so I'll take the 41 or 16, which is closest to talbot street?. Is that a Dublin Bus or Bus Eirean or what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a Dublin Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Thanks lads, appreciate the help. I'm useless at the googling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

sugarman wrote: »
    Dublin Bus. The 16 is only a short walk away too, I usually just take what comes first.

Depending on the time of day the 16 can be heavily delayed going through Beaumont whereas the 41 goes straight down Swords Road.

Also someone said the fare was 2.60. I think that's the Leapcard fare. Cash is probably 3.30..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Which bus do I get from airport? Need to get to Talbot street. Also, how much will it cost. Thanks
    Once off or regular ? The air coach and other busses are discounted for staff

• Advertisement
Advertisement