Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo dot - £34.99 Amazon.co.uk - now delivering to Ireland

Options
  • 12-12-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭

echo dot is reduced again to £34.99 on amazon.co.uk and over the last week or so they've started delivering to Ireland

not sure how long this is for - it's listed on the last minute christmas deals, but isn't listed as a deal of the day.

edit : fixed the link above to the dot, apologies

updated : other echos are now reduced too and can also be delivered here - echo is £69.99 and Echo plus is £109.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ablelocks wrote: »
    echo dot is reduced again to £34.99 on amazon.co.uk and over the last week or so they've started delivering to Ireland

not sure how long this is for - it's listed on the last minute christmas deals, but isn't listed as a deal of the day.

edit : other echos not reduced, but can also be delivered here.

BACK TO £89.99

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chloe0925

is the accompanying app for amazon alexa available now for ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

BACK TO £89.99

I think you’re looking at the one with the speaker built in. This is the cheaper one without speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Chloe0925 wrote: »
    is the accompanying app for amazon alexa available now for ireland?

Yes for ios and android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

matchthis wrote: »
    I think you’re looking at the one with the speaker built in. This is the cheaper one without speaker

I just clicked on the link in the OP..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 star71

I'm looking at the Echo, would this be worth getting or is it another gadget I don't really need, I was browsing looking for Bluetooth speakers and spotted the echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

star71 wrote: »
    I'm looking at the Echo, would this be worth getting or is it another gadget I don't really need, I was browsing looking for Bluetooth speakers and spotted the echo.

I got the OH one for her birthday in February we use it a lot to be fair more than I thought we would,

We have it linked up with spotify premium and we all use it from the 3 year old twins to the stroppy teenagers and use old people.

The sound is very good and if someone starts talking you can lower it down without going to your phone etc.

For the price v a bluetooth speaker only i'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 carrots1

Just tried to order the echo dot 2nd generation there on amazon.co.uk , but it's out of stock says it would be delivered 28th Dec, was looking for it for a Christmas pressie!! any ideas.. is it available anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

carrots1 wrote: »
    Just tried to order the echo dot 2nd generation there on amazon.co.uk , but it's out of stock says it would be delivered 28th Dec, was looking for it for a Christmas pressie!! any ideas.. is it available anywhere else?

try currys, argos uk + parcelmotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

2nd Generation Alexa down to £69.99

All-new Amazon Echo (2nd generation), Charcoal Fabric https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y5ZW72J/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_IlmmAbXA9VXRX

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

carrots1 wrote: »

It said 'In Stock Dec 19' to me (too) , I took a chance and ordered it ,might get dispatched sooner , but prob 50/50 at best whether here for Christmas , it was only a present for myself so I will get over it if it doesnt arrive for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sound quality of the Echo isn't supposed to be great according to some of the reviews I've read? - So I'm trying to decide between getting an Echo or alternatively getting an echo dot with a UE Boom2 instead.

(not much difference in cost as they are all on offer today on Amazon)

new to echo so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

sound quality of the Echo isn't supposed to be great according to some of the reviews I've read? - So I'm trying to decide between getting an Echo or alternatively getting an echo dot with a UE Boom2 instead.

For what it is the Echo sounds grand. The google home sounds slightly better (I have both) Neither are a replacement for a good bluetooth speaker. In saying that, I have a bose soundtouch that I never use anymore now that I've the google home. It's grand as a speaker for the bedroom or kitchen.

An echo dot with a UE Boom is one way to go but it's using two sockets, costs more, and the boom always has to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Amazon will refund £15 if you recently purchased this for £49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 21 carrots1

Thank you, I'll try those

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I have 2 Echo Dots.

The sound quality is surprisingly good out of these speakers. Certainly better than any similarly-sized speaker I've tried. Not tinny. Great for radio and Jazz for example, or general background music.

If you want to then play it with better bass response, etc just connect it up to a good Bluetooth speaker (I have a JBL Charge 3 which is superb).

But I'd say I use the Echo Dot without turning on the Bluetooth speaker about 90% of the time.

Probably one of the best things I've ever bought. Control all my lights using my voice, haven't touched a light switch in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i actually went with a dot and an echo in the end....

can't wait to get it all set up with the lights and the lamps and the bulbs and the stereos

I'll be like a child on christmas morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You'll find it odd when you go to someone else's house and ask Alexa to do something, but get no response.

I've even had to stop myself doing it while cycling home.. matter of time before we all have implants to have Alexa everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement