Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloads gone?

Options
  • 12-12-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all, forgive me but I know nothing about gaming so this might be a stupid question. My 10 year old son's 18 month old xbox one is banjaxed and repairer says it can't be fixed. The repairer has supplied us with a secondhand console at a reasonable cost so we are happy with that. He has logged in using his original account details so all good there.

The issue is most of his games including FIFA18 were purchased as downloads and saved onto the old hard drive. Are these gone for good or can they be recovered?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

veetwin wrote: »
    Hi all, forgive me but I know nothing about gaming so this might be a stupid question. My 10 year old son's 18 month old xbox one is banjaxed and repairer says it can't be fixed. The repairer has supplied us with a secondhand console at a reasonable cost so we are happy with that. He has logged in using his original account details so all good there.

The issue is most of his games including FIFA18 were purchased as downloads and saved onto the old hard drive. Are these gone for good or can they be recovered?

Go into "My Games and Apps", and then check the section for "Ready to Install", they should all be in there.

Also, did you definitely buy the games on his account? Perhaps you set up your account on it, and they've all been bought on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Thanks a million CatInABox. One very unhappy 10 yr old transformed into a happy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

veetwin wrote: »
    Thanks a million CatInABox. One very unhappy 10 yr old transformed into a happy one!

Great thing about Xbox One is that your progress is saved online, so when you download your game again you can pick up from where you left off without going back to the start of a game.

Advertisement