Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook magsafe port problem.

Options
  • 11-12-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've a 2013 Retina Pro and long story short, the original charger broke last week and I bought a spurious one on eBay as it was half the price of a genuine Apple one (Probably my first mistake:rolleyes:)

Anyway I received the charger today and as soon as I plugged it in, the MacBook powered off. Now, it'll still turn on, but won't charge at all, even using my brother's OEM charger. Any ideas? It seems to be the magsafe port that's the problem, as the LED light on my brother's charger won't even light up when it's plugged in. Lesson learned in regard to paying Apple's prices anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Best try in the Mac forum Duff. Hopefully someone there can help.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=108

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Never even thought of that! Thanks, Naasrd

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Duff wrote: »
    Never even thought of that! Thanks, Naasrd

You should ask a mod to move it over, rather than start another thread over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Mods, care to move this to the Mac forum, please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If only that worked. :p

Speaking as a mod of the Mac forum, cross-posting over there is fine by me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If only that worked. :p

Speaking as a mod of the Mac forum, cross-posting over there is fine by me.

They should merge the two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Maybe its time to change the name of the forum from Apple Devices to iOS Devices?

morritty wrote: »
    Maybe its time to change the name of the forum from Apple Devices to iOS Devices?

That’s what is was before. So quiet on both forums now, they should be merged into one.

Advertisement