Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2018 26th - 28th May

Options
  • 11-12-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭

Life festival made their first announcement today of 4 acts, Fat Boy Slim, Adam Beyer B2B Joseph Capriati and Bugzy Malone.

image.jpg?w=562

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Life festival made their first announcement yesterday of 4 acts, Fat Boy Slim, Adam Beyer B2B Joseph Capriati and Bugzy Malone.

Part of the Life Festival 2018 lineup. So who is heading to this, this year.

life-festival-ireland.jpg

Anyone going to this?

Finally found the full lineup poster for this, I'm not going myself but I find the posters in Gigs and Events very ignorant here, where is the discussion like other festivals in the forum, its very boring if its just the one poster adding input. There has been discussions before about this festival, what is so different this year, its not too shabby a set up and its almost upon us.

31698978_10156350518343686_3380133115853799424_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=5b030dcfe6d94556efddf98e710cea3c&oe=5B8EE85E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Enjoy! And get over yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The lineup is good this year apart from fatboy. He’s sh!te and his fee is definitely huge. Also I heard it’s mad scauldy and I’d say I’m gone too old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone know if they offer phone charging? Or what their policy is like with medication? Need to bring a few benadryl for the oul hay fever it gets bad this time of year.

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anyone know if they offer phone charging? Or what their policy is like with medication? Need to bring a few benadryl for the oul hay fever it gets bad this time of year.

There was always at least two charging places I know, one in the main arena area of stalls and another one I think in the campsite area, although I think the stalls in the campsite have got smaller. The GPs at the medical tent are excellent, last time I was at it in 2015 I ran out of my Ventolin inhaler, so nipped into the medical tent and the GP gave me an emergency blast of an inhaler, this dose lasting 24 hours. I'm sure the medical staff will look after you if your suffering the hay fever, a class bunch of folk, they had mates working up at Forbidden Fruit too which I think fell on the same weekend that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

There was always at least two charging places I know, one in the main arena area of stalls and another one I think in the campsite area, although I think the stalls in the campsite have got smaller. The GPs at the medical tent are excellent, last time I was at it in 2015 I ran out of my Ventolin inhaler, so nipped into the medical tent and the GP gave me an emergency blast of an inhaler, this dose lasting 24 hours. I'm sure the medical staff will look after you if your suffering the hay fever, a class bunch of folk, they had mates working up at Forbidden Fruit too which I think fell on the same weekend that year.

Sounds good cheers, might just throw a few in me bag anyway just in case. Do they usually search through all your stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamiec6284

I bought my ticket for Life festival last week I'm 17 and will be 18 in a couple of months but I do not have any form of it, no passport or driving licence, I was at Sea Sessions and Electric Picnic last year and I'm just wondering how strict are they with id for getting into the festival do they ask everyone for id or is it easy for getting in to?

• Advertisement

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Sounds good cheers, might just throw a few in me bag anyway just in case. Do they usually search through all your stuff?

It should be grand, its mainly just glass they are checking for but wait until you are in the campsite itself before taking them out of the rucksack, in the tent of course. :) No, you should be grand, security is generally relaxed.

Jamiec6284 wrote: »
    I bought my ticket for Life festival last week I'm 17 and will be 18 in a couple of months but I do not have any form of it, no passport or driving licence, I was at Sea Sessions and Electric Picnic last year and I'm just wondering how strict are they with id for getting into the festival do they ask everyone for id or is it easy for getting in to?

You should be alright if you passed for Sea Sessions and Electric Picnic you should be grand, they just scan the ticket and someone wristbands you, the same as said fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamiec6284

You should be alright if you passed for Sea Sessions and Electric Picnic you should be grand, they just scan the ticket and someone wristbands you, the same as said fests.

Thanks a million really looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Finally found the full lineup poster for this, I'm not going myself but I find the posters in Gigs and Events very ignorant here, where is the discussion like other festivals in the forum, its very boring if its just the one poster adding input. There has been discussions before about this festival, what is so different this year, its not too shabby a set up and its almost upon us.

because most of the "ignorant" posters in the EP discussion aren't teenagers so wouldn't be going to this.

showpony1 wrote: »
    because most of the "ignorant" posters in the EP discussion aren't teenagers so wouldn't be going to this.

Gigs and Events is a whole bunch of threads and no, I get on with everyone in the EP threads, there is loads of other festivals discussed besides EP. Anyways, it my own fault I forgot how quiet Gigs and Events can be in the weekend, as I suppose people are out in the lovely weather, or at gigs and festivals, so less traffic I suppose. Your comment though about it being relevant to teenagers maybe a bit in the last few years, I know loads and loads of 30 and 40 year olds who love their techno, Life used to have a more broader mix of music, two live band stages, lakeside stage dedicated to deep house/tech house, there was reggae headliners like Max Romeo, acts like the Orb. showpony1 do your research on Life properly, there is a lot of old ravers and psytrancers that put Life where it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I see they're showing the CL final down there:

33599525_10156415471258686_3567693087834636288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4d6b2e49ee94c3575bee47c751b926da&oe=5B7FCB59

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's a young and mad scauldy crowd. I'm 27 and id say im too old for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Just home now. In absolute bits. Only went for yesterday. Thank god I have today and tomorrow off!

Advertisement