Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quadcopter (Drone?) with a camera 14.12.17 €49.99 [Lidl]

Options
  • 11-12-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭

On 14th Dec a Quadrocoptor with a built in camera €49.99...

gives all the specs except the main one I am interested and maybe others which is what camera they have on it (re 720hd or full HD 1080i) - it says "With integrated camera for spectacular pictures and videos" but that could mean anything.

Wonder why they are calling it a Quadrocoptor and not drone I wonder too?

anyway here is the deets:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=5200

284749.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

No flight time or battery capacity listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Pique wrote: »
    No flight time or battery capacity listed.

yep that as well ...

I wonder what one could view it as for that money? - a toy i reckon?, not a serious piece of equipment seeing as how much Drones (especially with a camera) are costing out there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Lidl 12 days of Christmas Thread.

Davy wrote: »
    Moved from Lidl 12 days of Christmas Thread.

thanks - apologies for posting it in wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks similar in shape to something like a syma x5c, which would in the same price range. Of course no way to know from details they give how similar it would handle.

• Advertisement

Looks similar in shape to something like a syma x5c, which would in the same price range. Of course no way to know from details they give how similar it would handle.

if that is the case , they have a 2mp camera - not much resolution if that the case - but still should do 720 HD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Might pick it up tomorrow, be a good starting out drone?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Hococop wrote: »
    Might pick it up tomorrow, be a good starting out drone?

I have the Syma, which this looks like and it's definitely a good starter drone. From the few times I've messed with mine, it will give you a good idea of controls/movement of a drone and you won't worry too much about crashing it..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Quadcopter or quad is the proper name, the name drone has been adopted by the general public.

This one is very small and would really not be very good outside. Could be used for learning and practicing indoors maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone get it? Is the camera any good and does it stream to your phone or just record?

• Advertisement

Anyone get it? Is the camera any good and does it stream to your phone or just record?

Fyi, This quad does not link to your phone.

tedpan wrote: »
    Fyi, This quad does not link to your phone.

Just records an an onboard sd card then? Sounds like it

Just records an an onboard sd card then? Sounds like it

Yep, I wonder if anyone bought it?

tedpan wrote: »
    Yep, I wonder if anyone bought it?

not me, I had toyed with the idea but with Christmas coming up I have got to save what spare money I do have to buy a some gifts for the family ...

Advertisement