Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glitch prevented posting on Facebook pages.

• 11-12-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭

A fortnight ago, there was a glitch that meant that I could not post on the Facebook pages of friends whose pages on which it is usually possible to post and I could not post even on my own page.

The matter was sorted out by the end of the day.

But what possible causes could there be for such a glitch taking place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

Its a ghost in the shell, stopping you from wasting time on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Some gaseous common sense crept into the do das that work the Facebook thingamajigs and caused any tripe posting of less than life changing importance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Moved from AH, note new forum rules apply.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why would it become, for a short period, impossible to post a status on one's own Facebook page or friends' Facebook pages on which it is usually possible to post comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Why would it become, for a short period, impossible to post a status on one's own Facebook page or friends' Facebook pages on which it is usually possible to post comments?

It's just a glitch these things happen. Facebook has thousands of glitches at any given time.

Don't overanalyse it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think you would be better off in the blogs/wiki/social media forum. It’s more for stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

I think you would be better off in the blogs/wiki/social media forum. It’s more for stuff like this.

Or conspiracy theories ☺ i'm joking. Have you asked Facebook themselves? Your defo in wrong forum and Laurag99 suggestion good. It could have been anything from server to content related, does it need explaining for you to not think of it? if bothering you I understand but do FB not have support mail/chat that could check?

Its a ghost in the shell, stopping you from wasting time on facebook.

No way such a thing exists..he'd be turning my phone off years ago if it did..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Facebook is a big beast of a website with a complex UI. When something is that complex, there are bound to be occasional issues.

It’s always glitchy for me when viewing on my mobile.

Advertisement