Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Car Garages in Carlow

Options
  • 10-12-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Looking at buying a used car in Carlow, and just wondering where I should be looking? Only want to know about dealerships really, I want to avoid all the dodgy stuff being honest.

Condron - Portlaoise Road
    Michael Lyng - Sleaty Road
    Dooleys - Sleaty Road
    Sheehys - Green Lane
    Moores - O'Brien Road
    Bolands - Pollerton
    Fitzpatricks - Dublin Road
    Flynns - Tullow Road

Anything I'm missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Remember - you will be buying the car, not the garage. It could be the mainest of main dealers,but you still should have someone independent look over the car and trust no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Yeah, that's true, good advice there. Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Try Cullens on green lane. There yard is just beside the esb. They work from a house across from sheeys for the yard is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Bear in mind some of the main dealers may give a warranty, Toyota give a 12 month warranty on a lot of their 2nd hand cars. Unless you are buying something cheap and old (10 yrs plus) you're better off sticking to a main dealer in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Yeah, I think to avoid the hassle its best to go to a main dealer, so that's what I have done. I didn't get to go to all the ones listed, didn't need to in the end. Dooley's was the best but a notable mention was Boland's who in my opinion were very indifferent about me buying something there. I think they are safe in the knowledge that anything they have right now will move in January with people doing business for 181, and others looking to buy what they bring in to trade. Obviously that is just my opinion, just going on my experience with them. I'd still go back and check in the future though as that wouldn't put me off, I'd always be looking for the best deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement