Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice little trick to improve playing Spotify on Echo Dot

Options
  • 10-12-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 Echo Dots, one in the bedroom and one downstairs in the living room.

One thing I hate about music playback is that Alexa always responds "Playing blah blah blah on Spotify" when you ask to "play blah blah blah".

Here's a nice workaround where you can get Alexa to play music seamlessly without interrupting with a confirmation message.

- Living room echo connected to speaker via 3.5mm cable (so can only output music when speaker turned on)

- Bedroom echo connects to various Bluetooth speakers around the house.

- Connect the two of them via the App settings and you can control one Echo from the other.

- Turn off power in living room speaker, but leave Echo on (as the dumb terminal)

- Bring a Bluetooth speaker into Living Room and connect to bedroom Echo

- Say "Alexa play blah blah blah in Bedroom" ... music starts playing.

- Say "Alexa play something else in Bedroom" and next song starts, without pausing the first song.

So smooth.

Incidentally, blah blah blah is the best song I've ever heard.

Advertisement