Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felting accessories

Options
  • 10-12-2017 8:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

My mam has taken up felting recently and I was thinking of buying her some accessories or supplies as part of her Christmas present... the only thing is I’ve no clue as to what that might entail.

Can anyone suggest items that might be useful for felting? Or if there are some good suppliers worth seeking out.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 textiles

A lot of knitting wool shops also stock felting wool these days so you could check out local shops. Any felter would welcome a nice selection of wool colours. Etsy has some Irish sellers of felting wool that you might be able to contact about delivery before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

feltmakers ireland run a basic and beyond workshop in january and it is a great launching point for felting. Google them as they also sell quality wool to members at a good rate and are a very helpful lot. You can get vouchers on the web site.

Advertisement