Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoI Cross Question

Options
  • 10-12-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the cross in a CoI service.

I'm doing up some preliminary drafts of the order of service for a CoI marriage, and I'm not sure if this cross is appropriate:

435885.png

I'm not sure about the circle in the cross - is that a Catholic or Celtic influence?

I don't want to offend the reverend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the cross in a CoI service.

I'm doing up some preliminary drafts of the order of service for a CoI marriage, and I'm not sure if this cross is appropriate:

435885.png

I'm not sure about the circle in the cross - is that a Catholic or Celtic influence?

I don't want to offend the reverend!

I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum! Sorry guys

Mods, can you close up and I'll repost in the correct forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The circle is associated with the Celtic church alright, but that is extinct now. It predates both RCC and CoI in this country, so no modern denomination could be offended by it. If you wanted to use the CoI "trademark" cross it appears at top left of the website.

Advertisement