Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Sports Awards 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Some odd choices there. Should be split into international and domestic categories for starters. Some of the people on that list didn't even win titles this year. Ryan Burnett would be my shout but the lad won't get a look in. Why is McClean on it? He had a poor season with WBA and the RoI failed to qualify for the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

mine too but I bet katie taylor wins it (again?)

dball wrote: »
    mine too but I bet katie taylor wins it (again?)

Yeah, she won it in 2012 or thereabouts. Not sure if she'll win it again this year. Her world title win hasn't got that much media attention over here. Haven't seen her on any of the chat shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Complete joke that Con O'Callaghan is not nominated! 7 major medals in 2 codes in 10 months and only just turned 21!
    The other 3 Gaelic games codes have players from their All Ireland winners and while Andy Moran won Player of the Year - his season was significantly less successful than Con

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Nominations for the young Sportsperson of the year.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2017/1212/926947-rte-sport-awards-young-sportsperson-of-the-year/

David Clifford will most likely win this award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Complete joke that Con O'Callaghan is not nominated! 7 major medals in 2 codes in 10 months and only just turned 21!
    The other 3 Gaelic games codes have players from their All Ireland winners and while Andy Moran won Player of the Year - his season was significantly less successful than Con

For a 35 year old, he had an outstanding season in a Mayo side that isn't as gifted as Dublin's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

So McClean won this award. He was not my choice but there you go. The Irish show jumping team won the team award which I`m sure not everyone agreed with either.

So McClean won this award.

Really? Complete joke of a decision and an insult to the people on that list who won silverware this year.

Advertisement