Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas shopping: What did you buy?

Options
  • 09-12-2017 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for ideas,

What did you buy your partner/parents/immediate family?

I know theirs a Xmas thread, I picked here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have a stroll around gearbest or iwwot.com

(Although the problem is your wind up buying **** for yourself....)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Haven't started yet. When is Christmas this year? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Haven't started yet. When is Christmas this year? :pac:

December.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Coke, and a nose hair trimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'll ask my wife what I bought everybody, when she gets back from town.

Stuff people need or will enjoy using long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Candie wrote: »
    Stuff people need or will enjoy using long term.

Fleshlight.

magentis wrote: »
    Fleshlight.

Two birds, one stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I got the wife's favourite sweeping brush re bristled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ill buy you a gift card for a free X Ray, when the time comes for it to be removed from your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Reminds me of triggers brush!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Nothing. I'll prob get my parents a hotel/restaurant deal. I'm glad I'm not contributing to the disgusting charade tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Started buying my entire family - niece, nephews the lot - tickets for the pantomine a couple of years back. It’s turning into a nice tradition now, provides a great family day out over Christmas and gives me an easy present to buy everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

The cat and dog are sorted which is great cause tgey are picky feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Getting my husband a phone, Pjs and some sort of smelly stuff.

My mam a bottle of vodka because she's a f*cking lush. My dad some wine because same.

My MIL a fancy white scarf, lipstick and nail varnish.

My sister in law I'm cross stitching her family standing outside their house. Taking me weeks to finish and it looks amazing so far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Got my husband a centre stand for his Kawasaki, and paniers.
    We don't do presents with the rest of the family, we found we're spending more on postage than what the things were actually worth so stopped altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Keep em coming plz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have bought everything already.

Outside of the kids, I only buy for my wife, parents, siblings and a few friends.

Usually get them all vouchers except for the friends who like decent craft beer or whiskey so they're easy enough to buy something for.

My wife actually requests vouchers for her favourite shops (and I tell her to get the same for me) although I generally get her an additional small gift too.

Don't kid yourself yourself that 90% of the time people really prefer zany personal gifts over being able to go and buy something themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Was listening to a radio show on the way to work recently about most terrible Christmas gifts. A woman apparently received breast firming oil from her partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've bought things from small business owned by friends. They ordered from me too. No quirky zany stuff or novelty plastic tat either.
    We all have a lot of interests and passions so it's no struggle to think of suitable gifts. There is no buying for the sake of giving something.

Be wary of gift vouchers unless it specifies you can spend online. Not everyone wants to have to trek into the shops to spend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

My brother likes tea, so I might get him this mug. Probably too late to order it online, but hopefully I'll find it somewhere.

372431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Started buying my entire family - niece, nephews the lot - tickets for the pantomine a couple of years back. It’s turning into a nice tradition now, provides a great family day out over Christmas and gives me an easy present to buy everyone.

I think I work with your sister. She was only complaining to me yesterday that she has to go to a 'bloody pantomime in the Gaiety over the Xmas'.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

We've agreed s fairly small budget amongst us siblings so I'm making them foot soak kits customised to their various complaints.

Magnesium for restless legs/tight calves
    Christmassy spice soak for cold feet
    Epsom salt & lavender for the stress head

My mam & I like to go out together so I've got us tickets to a show & will buy her dinner that night too. My dad is getting a whiskey.

The almost in-laws will get a nice lil food hamper with a few bits in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,934 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what did i buy ???

https://youtu.be/ULL9C1wMGLg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Thankfully I'm not speaking to family or friends at the mo, so IT'S A HAPPY XMAS TO ME, this year.

Tell, you what, saves a lotta, lotta , money.

Flibble wrote: »
    We've agreed s fairly small budget amongst us siblings so I'm making them foot soak kits customised to their various complaints.

Magnesium for restless legs/tight calves
    Christmassy spice soak for cold feet
    Epsom salt & lavender for the stress head

My mam & I like to go out together so I've got us tickets to a show & will buy her dinner that night too. My dad is getting a whiskey.

The almost in-laws will get a nice lil food hamper with a few bits in it.
    You're missing the words 'bottle of'...

RayM wrote: »
    My brother likes tea, so I might get him this mug. Probably too late to order it online, but hopefully I'll find it somewhere.

372431.jpg

It's so nice when you find the perfect pressie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Waiting to hear back from a couple still. When they let me know what shop they want their vouchers from I’ll do a quick scoot round to pick them all up an a weekday morning while the majority of the zombieshopping horde is at work.

Advertisement