Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturdah

Options
  • 09-12-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Most over priced horse of the weekend Venelope in the third at Navan. Showed plenty of promise in bumpers before winning easily down at Wexford beating a now 130 rated hurdler. Hasnt cut much ice over hurdles to date but rated 106 in handicaps stepped up in trip well worth a few quid at 33s e w 5 places with a few

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Zapper Cass will be the first of two bets today and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Tony Coyle's charge outrun his odds. There's no doubting his UK career has been mediocre since arriving around a year ago but he did manage to win a handicap at Nottingham in June and has now fallen 4lbs below that mark. I thought there was definite promise in his penultimate start at Southwell when the minimum trip was simply too sharp and the two horses directly in-front of him that day, Mujassam and Treaty Of Rome, finished first and third in a decent 6f handicap at the same track last week. Today's bet was only mid-division on that occasion having taken the pair on once more but, again, it wasn't a run completely devoid of promise. The tapeta surface may suit better, this represents a drop in grade (first Class 5 outing in Britain) and I simply think he's a horse who should be winning sooner rather than later. Cheekpieces going on for the first time are an interesting addition as well and if they can eke out a bit more, things could get interesting in the closing stages.

In the following race, a step forward from Mio Ragazzo could be on the cards. It's clear from the markets on a couple of his four starts to date that better has been expected of the well-bred son of Mayson but one can only assume he has been a slow burner when it comes to getting the hang of things on the track. A tendency to over-race hasn't helped matters but there was a lot to like about his effort at Kempton (five weeks ago) when running on well late in the piece to finish third behind the well-handicapped Lacan. The raw form wouldn't blow your mind but the visual was encouraging and getting an extra 142 yards today could be the key to unlock the door. Marco Botti's yard are going along nicely on the All-Weather this month, with 4 winners and a few places from 11 runners, which heightens my enthusiasm, and they've a serious chance to extend that to a fifth with this fellow. He definitely has more talent than the official rating of 62 would suggest and this second handicap start could see it all click together. 7/2 won't get us rich but he should take a lot of beating.

Wolverhampton:
    5:45 - Zapper Cass - 1.50pts @ 16/1 (General)
    6:15 - Mio Ragazzo - 2pts @ 7/2 (General)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

After Jack Kennedy's save in Clonmel during the week, an equally impressive save from Tony Kelly at Wetherby.

https://twitter.com/Racing_UK/status/939488720851410944/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

x PyRo wrote: »
    Zapper Cass will be the first of two bets today and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Tony Coyle's charge outrun his odds. There's no doubting his UK career has been mediocre since arriving around a year ago but he did manage to win a handicap at Nottingham in June and has now fallen 4lbs below that mark. I thought there was definite promise in his penultimate start at Southwell when the minimum trip was simply too sharp and the two horses directly in-front of him that day, Mujassam and Treaty Of Rome, finished first and third in a decent 6f handicap at the same track last week. Today's bet was only mid-division on that occasion having taken the pair on once more but, again, it wasn't a run completely devoid of promise. The tapeta surface may suit better, this represents a drop in grade (first Class 5 outing in Britain) and I simply think he's a horse who should be winning sooner rather than later. Cheekpieces going on for the first time are an interesting addition as well and if they can eke out a bit more, things could get interesting in the closing stages.

In the following race, a step forward from Mio Ragazzo could be on the cards. It's clear from the markets on a couple of his four starts to date that better has been expected of the well-bred son of Mayson but one can only assume he has been a slow burner when it comes to getting the hang of things on the track. A tendency to over-race hasn't helped matters but there was a lot to like about his effort at Kempton (five weeks ago) when running on well late in the piece to finish third behind the well-handicapped Lacan. The raw form wouldn't blow your mind but the visual was encouraging and getting an extra 142 yards today could be the key to unlock the door. Marco Botti's yard are going along nicely on the All-Weather this month, with 4 winners and a few places from 11 runners, which heightens my enthusiasm, and they've a serious chance to extend that to a fifth with this fellow. He definitely has more talent than the official rating of 62 would suggest and this second handicap start could see it all click together. 7/2 won't get us rich but he should take a lot of beating.

Wolverhampton:
    5:45 - Zapper Cass - 1.50pts @ 16/1 (General)
    6:15 - Mio Ragazzo - 2pts @ 7/2 (General)

Holy fcuking sh*t. He's back.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Holy fcuking sh*t. He's back.

Haha, good to be back! Sadly I'd as well have been away for today. Not sure what the hell that was from Mio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Had to set the alarm to see off Highland Reel and he didn't disappoint in keeping possibly his best win yet for his last run. He loves to beat off the challengers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

He Shat in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Guts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

F**k it what a horse. I think he may be my favorite flat horse in years. Looked like he was about to get swamped but swatted them away.

Mark my words i know nothing about breeding but if he can impart some of his guts he will be a top stallion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Unreal, looked likely to finish out of the places and ends up pulling away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Ryan gave him a lovely controlled ride and after the line he looked as if to say, that was easy. I never thought he was going to lose today once he'd got up near the front he was in control of the race and nobody is going to pass him on his good days on a track he loves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Highland Reel prizemoney £7,513,355. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

diomed wrote: »
    Highland Reel prizemoney £7,513,355. :eek:

Even if he's a flop in the barn he's paid his way already.

Advertisement