Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still trying to sort my pickup

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Given how much this cost, I think I would bin it. I can't imagine it sounding even remotely good...

But anyway, lets try and piece this together. I see there is a guitar input, for a standard guitar lead to the amplifier. But where is the jack to the pickup (which seems to be a 3.5mm audio connector)?

And why are there 3 pots? Volume, tone and?

I don't think a pre-amp would go in the mix here, well at least it shouldn't be needed to get a sound out of it. All the preamp will do is boost/modify the signal. If the kit is functional then it should be able to produce a sound on it's own without a preamp. It could sound god awful and be too weak and then maybe a preamp would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Given how much this cost, I think I would bin it. I can't imagine it sounding even remotely good...

But anyway, lets try and piece this together. I see there is a guitar input, for a standard guitar lead to the amplifier. But where is the jack to the pickup (which seems to be a 3.5mm audio connector)?

And why are there 3 pots? Volume, tone and?

I don't think a pre-amp would go in the mix here, well at least it shouldn't be needed to get a sound out of it. All the preamp will do is boost/modify the signal. If the kit is functional then it should be able to produce a sound on it's own without a preamp. It could sound god awful and be too weak and then maybe a preamp would help.

I think the three pots might be volume, bass and treble, and the minijack might be for a pre-amp. I can remove that, then basically I'll have one lead coming off the line of pots, one lead coming off the pickup, and a jack socket. Oh, and no clue either! Thanks for taking an interest btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

The 3 pots are volume, tone & tone, as would be on a strat, the other piece appears to be an under bridge acoustic pickup. These are not compatible. I have my doubts that any of the pieces are actually in working order,

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

thelawman wrote: »
    The 3 pots are volume, tone & tone, as would be on a strat, the other piece appears to be an under bridge acoustic pickup. These are not compatible. I have my doubts that any of the pieces are actually in working order,
    Time will tell, I've an eBay preamp on the way. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement