Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign in to Amazon app for the first time and claim £5 promo code

Options
  • 09-12-2017 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

The link that took me to the offer page was this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?node=14022820031&ref=m1m0m5AR
    but I think everyone should get it underneath the product title of a good i.e. for the Amazon Echo:
    All-new Amazon Echo (2nd generation), Heather Grey Fabric
    Get a £5 promo code with the Amazon App. Learn more.

Text from Amazon's offer states:

Sign into the Amazon App for the first time between 5th December 2017 and 20th December 2017 and save £5 on your next qualified Amazon purchase.

By signing in to the Amazon App for the first time between 5th December 2017 and 20th December 2017, you are eligible for a £5 promo code, redeemable against a qualified purchase. You can claim the promo code by first clicking the link displayed on the homepage of the Amazon App on either iPhone or Android phone only, once you are logged in. You may need to scroll down to find the link. After clicking the link, tap to add the promo code to your account for immediate use on your next qualified purchase on or before 27th December 2017. You must claim your code by 20th December 2017.

Please note, you will not see the £5 promotional code balance in your account. Rather, it will be automatically deducted from the order total for your next eligible order for an item sold and dispatched by Amazon at Amazon.co.uk.

I used the £5 promo code successfully after claiming it after downloading the app and scrolling down to tap the offer banner.

I see that only the first 100,000 customers get to claim the promo code also.

Hope it helps some others :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Same as above.... uninstalling app!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I'm not eligible, but thanks, always worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

I downloaded the app and received the £5 promo. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Worked on one of my accounts but not the others. Banner hidden amongst items and is easy to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks op, worked for me. Had the app installed before but uninstalled it. Just installed again and scrolled down and the £5 link was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

In case any one else was eligible but are experiencing problems getting it.

I didn't get my credit so I had to contact them thru the live text chat thing.

Took a half hour & was passed to 3 different agents to sort it.

The last agent tried telling me a 5.44 discount was the credit until I pointed out that was the super saver delivery discount
    "Postage & Packing: £5.44
    Promotion Applied: -£5.44"

He then added to credit towards my next purchase.

Usually Amazon support are a bit better than that but at least it got sorted in the end .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Worked on one of my accounts but not the others. Banner hidden amongst items and is easy to miss.

Once you log on to the app, you need to scroll down a bit to see the banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Where is the banner cant find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Thanks

It worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nothing for me either.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks OP it worked on one of my accounts. Has anyone used it yet?
    The account it worked on is not eligible for the £6 extra on a voucher. Can the £5 be used to buy a voucher?
    If so I was thinking of buying a £10 then using it on account that is eligible for £6 promo.
    Anyone tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Doesn't work on vouchers I believe - just stuff that Amazon sell and deliver themselves.

I've used my credit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    In case any one else was eligible but are experiencing problems getting it.

I didn't get my credit so I had to contact them thru the live text chat thing.

Took a half hour & was passed to 3 different agents to sort it.

The last agent tried telling me a 5.44 discount was the credit until I pointed out that was the super saver delivery discount
    "Postage & Packing: £5.44
    Promotion Applied: -£5.44"

He then added to credit towards my next purchase.

Usually Amazon support are a bit better than that but at least it got sorted in the end .

Same here, jeez they useta be a lot quicker, but got there in the end:p
    As after d/loading it to my mobile, couldn't see the banner at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Amazon customer service is top notch.

I couldn't apply the promo and really no sure if i had, or had not, downloaded the app previously so had a chat with their customer service.

2 min later they apply the promo to my account.

£5 now against any order fulfilled and shipped by Amazon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Didn't see it in the T's & C's but its a £25 minimum spend for the voucher to apply. Typically the item I'm ordering is £23, need to find a semi-useful £ item I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Amazon customer service is top notch.

I couldn't apply the promo and really no sure if i had, or had not, downloaded the app previously so had a chat with their customer service.

2 min later they apply the promo to my account.

£5 now against any order fulfilled and shipped by Amazon:)

yeah, same for me just now - all sorted within a couple of minutes on chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m 25 minutes onto chat with no luck. Now they are saying fulfilled by amazon is not good enough it has to be amazon themselves so I’m just leaving it. I was only adding extra items to get up to the credit. Only actually needed one thing. And like above I was passed through three different agents without warning and left sitting suspended three times

Yeah - in the T&Cs it did state that the order must be from Amazon themselves - I tested it myself by trying some "fulfilled by Amazon" orders and saw the discount didn't apply.

So only a small saving in the end with the order after I switched to an item sold and dispatched by Amazon themselves.

Yeah - in the T&Cs it did state that the order must be from Amazon themselves - I tested it myself by trying some "fulfilled by Amazon" orders and saw the discount didn't apply.

So only a small saving in the end with the order after I switched to an item sold and dispatched by Amazon themselves.

Advertisement