Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloning Gate Opener with Raspberry Pi

Options
  • 08-12-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to clone a 433.92MHz electric gate opener with a two way Pi-Mote?

I'd like to be able to control the gate remotely with HomeBridge. The remotes are prone to breaking and I'd rather have something more permanent to use!

I haven't got the Pi-Mote yet, but would I be right to say that I can use RFSniffer with it to get the gate code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Most likely, yes, but the pi would be overkill, you could do the same thing with e.g. nodemcu, listening to an mqtt message

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

kenmc wrote:
    Most likely, yes, but the pi would be overkill, you could do the same thing with e.g. nodemcu, listening to an mqtt message

Very good.

I need to learn these things

I've my gate sorted , using lightwaverf 433 MHz

I've a intercom button in my house I identifed the pair the opens the gate . I popped a lightwave relay onto it and now I can open the gate on voice control.

So if you have lightwaverf 433 access on your pi, or a lightwaverf bridge a relay is now 33 pounds (double the price I paid)

But it worked

My understanding is that he RF transmitter for the rPi is pricy

If you didn't have a

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

kenmc wrote:

https://1technophile.blogspot.ie/2016/09/433tomqttto433-bidirectional-esp8266.html?m=1

Interesting, the transmitters are the same ones I'm using to switch SONOFF units at 433mhz

So if this was built you could add SONOFF RF switching into the mix as previously discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

kenmc wrote: »

Well I was leaning towards the Pi as I already have one running Homebridge with a few lights and sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

If you already have one then yeah makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement