Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any conscientious things you still do even though it's not fashionable anymore ?

Options
  • 07-12-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

I use the indicator on my car to inform other road users and pedestrians my intentions when I am hurtling along in my potentially dangerous one tonne vehicle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

No.

For that you need a conscience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not a BMW driver then?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I shop in charity shops, get a terrible slagging for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I hold doors open for people.

If you think I'm doing it because you're old, or pregnant, or you have webbed toes, you can stick it up your unmannerly hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I hold doors open for people.

If you think I'm doing it because you're old, or pregnant, or you have webbed toes, you can stick it up your unmannerly hole.
    Same here. Sometimes you can do things to be nice, not just because it's fashionable or right-on. I don't even just do it for females!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I always say loudly 'THAT'S FOR THE BLACK BABIES' when I put coins into the collection yokes regardless of which charity they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I hold doors open for people, let people on the bus before me, I'd give up my seat on the bus to an old person or someone looking like they were struggling standing when it was busy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I stand up and let a woman sit down if I’m in a waiting area that is full. I also hold open doors. I’ve no doubt that these things will soon make me worse than hitler in the eyes of some, if they haven’t already. A friend of mine recently held open the door of a cafe as one of those blue haired young wans was coming in after him, and she told him to f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Deub

I eat meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Deub wrote: »
    I eat meat.

We've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Give to charity, cook myself healthy meals, go to the gym and have the odd night out without informing people on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I say 'hello', 'please' and 'thank you' in social situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I don't post anything of what happens on a night out onto facebook for the whole world to see. I'm incredibly loyal when it comes to discretion and privacy.

Advertisement