Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autism diagnosis in the Limerick area?

Options
  • 07-12-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My just turned 3 year old son is presenting signs of autism. We have met with the early intervention team who have accepted him into their program. As I’m sure you’re aware the public wait for a psychologist is very long and we are looking to take him for a private assessment. Can anyone recommend an appropriate psychologist in the Limerick area that we could take him to?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

He's not in Limerick but I'd go up to Prof Fitzgerald in blanch or see if he sits anywhere closer to you

it's a private diagnosis and costs aprox 350e. Very quick to get an appointment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Prof Fitz will make a diagnosis, but there is no follow up as there would be through the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Prof Fitz will make a diagnosis, but there is no follow up as there would be through the HSE.

You can go through the normal procedure with the HSE but at least you have it which can be used to get other services so you don't get affected by the long waiting time on hse

Advertisement