Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel 7th Dec '17

Options
  • 07-12-2017 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Heading to the track today. A few Christmas hot whiskies and some handy EW bets for fun!
    Jazz Ranger 12.55 , ran in some better quality races than this including having Swamp Fox behind in a Maiden Hurdle..
    Secret Approach 2.00 , tough race to find one so backing this as there has been a few quid for it already.
    Blue Empyrean 2.35 , was 50/1 last night. Down as low as 8’s now. Got a small bet on at a decent price last night. Ex Elliot horse.
    Just Get Cracking 3.10 , think this should be a class above the rest here. Win bet.
    Allardyce 3.45 , EW punt for me here, being nibbled at in betting. Plenty of placed form.
    I reckon the Favs should win the 12.25 & 1.30 but a small EW on Belle Helene here for me. Won a decent enough bumper.
    Anyway keep the tips & fancies coming.....

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

In the good quality sprint handicap at Chelmsford, I'm pretty sure there's at least one horse at a big price who is capable of going close to winning and the only problem is finding out which! Whirl Me Round has a lot to prove on what is his second start for George Peckham but I wouldn't take the first seriously as it came over 7f at Wolverhampton and it's too far for him. Add into the equation a first-time hood that may have negated his interest in the race and you have the perfect recipe for a throwaway performance. Previous to joining this yard he had shown some solid form over 5f & 6f as a juvenile and went within a neck of landing the £110k 2-year-old Trophy at Redcar last October. Things obviously didn't work out afterwards as, following a (decent-ish) effort at Doncaster, he was sold and then not seen for another year but hopefully whatever issue was ailing him has been overcome.

Based on what he was showing last term, the tempo of today's race could well suit as the likes of Aleef, Cappananty Con, Captain Lars and Jameerah have all gone from the front on their latest starts and Peckham's charge will want them falling in a heap if he's to come through late on. Being drawn in stall 4 is perfect and Luke Morris is an obviously positive jockey booking on the All-Weather, plus he does ride plenty of the stable's better fancied runners. It's tough to know whether I'm barking up the wrong tree or the right one given the horse's profile and the risks attached, but 25/1 makes all of that worthwhile and I can't see another price-play in the race that I'd prefer. Aleef interests me in the first-time tongue-tie back at 6f but the price is tight and he flopped heavily five weeks ago when punted into 4/1. The market will tell a story there pre-race but I'm happy enough to throw a (potentially wild) dart at Whirl Me Round.

Chelmsford:
    6:30 - Whirl Me Round - 1pt @ 25/1 (General)

Jack Kennedy recovery of the century today. AMAZING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It looks more like a bad error to me. The horse jumped straight.
    (flat racing person talking :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Draconien was very impressive there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement