Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Remote Access on Plex

Options
  • 06-12-2017 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up Remote Access on Plex but failing.

I have a Plex Lifetime Pass and Virgin Media 3.0 Router.

This is what Plex says:

Private 192.168.0.xxx : 32400 (with a Green tick mark).
    Public 37.228.xxx.xxx : 27400 (with a Red X mark).

I'd be grateful if someone might advise what I have to do to get this working please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Have you setup port forwarding on your virgin router?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If DSLite is enabled for your account you need to disable it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

blink44 wrote: »
    Have you setup port forwarding on your virgin router?

I'm sorry but I've looked through the router settings but I don't see how to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

ED E wrote: »
    If DSLite is enabled for your account you need to disable it first.

I've looked through the router settings but I didn't spot DSLite - do you know the navigation path please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Running same setup with Virgin Hub 3. I haven't required to Port Forward but have enabled Upnp on Plex and on the Hub. Has been working perfectly for over a year like that.

As mentioned above you may be on DSLite from Virgin. If you can't see any port forward section on the hub then that would be a hint that you are. Contact Virgin here on their Talk To forum and request to be put back onto IPv4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement