Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your child is going to die a fiery death ... but it'll be OK

Options
  • 06-12-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

There's a report today that the Phoenix Children's Hospital (Arizona) have told the government that they'll kick up a fuss if they use the name "Phoenix Children's Health" for the new Irish national children's hospital.

What kind of a message does it send to Irish children (or their parents) that they're going to be treated in a place named after a creature that bursts into flame and disintegrates into a pile of ash? :eek:

Good job mine have outgrown that stage, or I'd be taking them to the vet instead. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was going to go to the zoo at the weekend, but then I remembered it's in the phoenix park so it probably burnt down, so I didn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Jesus ****ing christ. Why is everyone being so whiney about every minor thing in the world.

Its the name of a hospital. Who cares what its called. They could name it "the last chance saloon" for all i care. If they do their job properly thats all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have no idea what the heck this thread is even about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

There's a report today that the Phoenix Children's Hospital (Arizona) have told the government that they'll kick up a fuss if they use the name "Phoenix Children's Health" for the new Irish national children's hospital.

What kind of a message does it send to Irish children (or their parents) that they're going to be treated in a place named after a creature that bursts into flame and disintegrates into a pile of ash? :eek:

Good job mine have outgrown that stage, or I'd be taking them to the vet instead. :pac:

Are you aware of mythology? Cause it seems like you've missed the entire point of the Phoenix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

80 million so far on consultant fees, love this country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

bear1 wrote: »
    Are you aware of mythology? Cause it seems like you've missed the entire point of the Phoenix.

That it dies and regenerates?

So call it the Doctor Who Hospital, then.

Or the Jesus Rose Again Hospital.

I thought the point of a children's hospital was to try to stop them from dying, but yeah, maybe I've got that wrong. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just call it the National Children's Hospital (yes I'm aware there is already a NCH but it's being incorporated into the new one and only a satellite will be at Tallaght) or Children's Hospital Ireland. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭paulbok

I thought the point of a children's hospital was to try to stop them from dying, but yeah, maybe I've got that wrong. :pac:

I could be wrong, but I think it's the medical staff in the hospital that stop them from dying, not the sign over the door.

Unless that sign is made out of healing crystals by an angle?

Or here's a thought... that whatever disease or disadvantage the child has dies and the child rejuvenates and grows stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's also a cult story line running in Fair City called the Phoenix Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Pat Phoenix used to be in Corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Pat Phoenix used to be in Corrie.

I still remember the episode where she burst into flames and disintegrated into a pile of ash, while Alf Roberts looked on helplessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

bear1 wrote: »
    Phoenix? Achilles tutor? Not sure I see the relevance.

endacl wrote: »
    Phoenix? Achilles tutor? Not sure I see the relevance.

You are confusing two different things.
    Phoenix the bird vs Phoenix the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Should call it the Simon Harris Hospital for Kids Who Don't Feel Good.

Advertisement