Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pickup wiring advice

Options
  • 06-12-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi team,
    I just bought this pickup set on eBay for my resonator guitar. Cheap enough, but no instructions. I can work out where to place the actual pickup, but I've no idea about how to wire it. Advice much appreciated, more pics or details available if required. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Do you have a link to the ad?

Is this kit expecting you to drill holes into the guitar for the volume/tone pots?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

tony glenn wrote: »
    Hi team,
    I just bought this pickup set on eBay for my resonator guitar. Cheap enough, but no instructions. I can work out where to place the actual pickup, but I've no idea about how to wire it. Advice much appreciated, more pics or details available if required. Thanks in advance!

Fitting the pots and actual pickup is no problems, it's just the wiring that's puzzling me. I can remove the little mini jack from the pickup. Then I'll have a centre plus earth, also there's a centre plus earth coming from the pot assembly. I could probably work it out by trial and error, but I'd rather not take the chance. The original adjust showed a pic similar to mine and the seller had no info on fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

tony glenn wrote: »
    Fitting the pots and actual pickup is no problems, it's just the wiring that's puzzling me. I can remove the little mini jack from the pickup. Then I'll have a centre plus earth, also there's a centre plus earth coming from the pot assembly. I could probably work it out by trial and error, but I'd rather not take the chance. The original adjust showed a pic similar to mine and the seller had no info on fitting
    'Ad' not 'adjust' typo

Advertisement