Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Protection from Cooker Splatter?

Options
  • 06-12-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but hopefully someone can help.

We recently got a new fridge and it is beside our cooker. We have added a splashback to the wall behind the cooker to prevent the wall being destroyed from oil splattering etc from the cooking but I'm wondering is there some product (sticky plastic/other material) that could be stuck to the fridge (I know fire resistant) that would prevent the splatter of oil etc. directly onto the fridge wall?

Thanks in advance, hope you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Why are you protecting the side of the fridge? If it's because you might want to use the fridge somewhere else later, many of the sticky plastic "wraps" you'd put on won't come off cleanly, so in the long run you may not be in a much better position. Most fridges are fairly easy to wipe down (unlike a painted wall). A quick wipe after cooking would keep on top of it, and you'd have to wipe down a plastic coating anyway.

If you google "custom decals" and your area, you'll find various places that can make one up for you in the right size/colour.

Personally I'd be more inclined to give the side of the fridge a wipe of WD40 (which makes cleaning it later easier), then wipe it down after cooking, when you'd be wiping the hob/counters anyway.

Advertisement