Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bernard Fanning Whelans December 6th

Options
  • 06-12-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Any 'finger and/or Bernard fans heading along tonight? Hoping he'll pull a decent enough crowd and it won't just be me and the few remainng Aussies in Dublin! :D It's a good month for them, though, between this gig and Jimmy Barnes in the same venue in two weeks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭denismc

I was in Oz around 2000 when Powderfinger were at their peak, I would have loved to see them live.
    I didn't think Bernard would have a huge following here, but then he probably will has quite a few ex-backpacker followers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I saw them here three or four times over the years since I discovered them in Oz in 2001, they were always good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Thought Bernard Manning had come back from the dead when I first seen this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭denismc

Oh well Blastman,
    Looks like there won't be much of a queue at the bar .:D

:D

• Advertisement

Decent crowd in the end, not completely packed but far from embarassing. The band were excellent and Bernard was in good form and good voice. A bit light on Powderfinger material but decent setlist. As entertaining as it was to hear them do a bit of War Pigs as part of an extended medley/jam for the last song, I'd still have swapped it to hear Belly Of The Beast instead.

Advertisement