Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is elderly couple love/holding hands the cutest thing ever

Options
  • 05-12-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

not really an emotional or romantic guy but anytime i see an elderly couple holding hands i always think how its amazing to see such love still going strong.

am i right AH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

NSFW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Its because one has list their marbles and the other is stopping them from wandering off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Yes. My grandad and nan, embracing and hugging weeks before he died, (he had cancer) was emotional for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

snowflaker wrote: »
    Yes. My grandad and nan, embracing and hugging weeks before he died, (he had cancer) was emotional for me

Are you carrying flowers?? My allergies are playing up here ....

I swear, he knew she was upset, he went over and they hugged. I was the only other person there. She was heartbroken without him. She died last Christmas

• Advertisement

Always think of the old couple in Titanic just holding hands knowing this was the end.

I swear, he knew she was upset, he went over and they hugged. I was the only other person there. She was heartbroken without him. She died last Christmas

God that's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

myshirt wrote: »
    Always think of the old couple in Titanic just holding hands knowing this was the end.

As Celine sings "you are safe in my arms....". Dear God I've had to take my glasses off. I need wipers.

He died 5 years before her. She was inconsolable the first year then found meaning through her grandchildren and great-grandchildren

I wasn’t upset when she died as she was being reunited with her true love

He died 5 years before her. She was inconsolable the first year then found meaning through her grandchildren and great-grandchildren

I wasn’t upset when she died as she was being reunited with her true love

Lovely way of looking at it. My mam passed 25 years ago next year and my dad is 80 near and not in great health.

I know when anything happens she's there waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Waiting where?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Waiting where?

I believe Heaven but i imagine there's mocking there. Not the thread I respectfully suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I walked in on my parents "holding.hands" among other things. They were in their mid 60s. Thought the house was empty.

It wasn't a bit cute at the time.I got great mileage out of slagging them, they were mortified, told them I didn't want a brother now.

Retrospectively it was very cute though.

I believe Heaven but i imagine there's mocking there. Not the thread I respectfully suggest.

I don’t but her belief meant I shared her hope

I walked in on my parents "holding.hands" among other things. They were in their mid 60s. Thought the house was empty.

It wasn't a bit cute at the time.I got great mileage out of slagging them, they were mortified, told them I didn't want a brother now.

Retrospectively it was very cute though.

To be fair, it could have been a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Waiting where?

Give it a rest, just for once.

Nah, leave him be. He’s right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The elderly couple on Prime Time tonight was sad when they asked why won't he put her in a home :(

JayZeus wrote: »

Mocking someone's belief their parents will be together again is okay?

Not .

I don't believe in any of that stuff but He drew her out for no reason. What's the point for fecks sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Specialun wrote: »
    i always think how its amazing to see such love still going strong.

am i right AH.

Maybe they just met and are in the early stages of love

vicwatson wrote: »
    Specialun wrote: »
    i always think how its amazing to see such love still going strong.

am i right AH.

Maybe they just met and are in the early stages of love

That's actually adorable too !!!

That's actually adorable too !!!

Or maybe they are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it.

*said in voice of Kodos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

i know ''its after hours '' is the excuse often trotted out here , but sometimes , just sometimes why cant people just cop the fcuk on and stay away from their keyboard bashing if they have nothing constructive to imput .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Zebra3 wrote:
    Waiting where?
    JayZeus wrote:

What do either you get out of contributing negativity in order to try to lessen positive thoughts people have?

How does them having those thoughts impact on your life that you feel you need to try to take them from them?

I'm curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

They are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Probably more to do with keeping each other upright than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

They are cutest thing ever most of the time, but a gang of us went on a cheap holiday years ago to playa del ingles and stupidly decided to hit the nude beach at some point and there were plenty of pensioners strolling by by smiling sans clothes.
    It certainly wasn't the sleazefest we were anticipating, (this was way back in the days of ibiza uncovered, if you never seen it ask your da) the hordes of nude, drunk, bratwurst mad English women were nowhere to be found. Just lots of pairs of happy pensioners who were strolling around in the nip with not a care in the world. Very uplifting, but I wouldn't say cute.
    Not to let that ruin a lovely day, our party took on the 'when in Rome' attitude and ended up spending the last few days over there nursing our sunburnt cocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's nice to see any couple happy and in love regardless of age. I suppose we assume the elders have a long history behind their relationship but they could be a newish couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I finally caught up with RTE's new show from David Brophy Choir of Ages today (amazing concept from a great man), and there was a fella on it whose wife is suffering with dementia. And it was heartbreaking to listen to his story and courtship but at the same time so endearing to hear how their love has endured for so long.

Slightly off-topic but Brophy himself mentioned how he used to bring his children to visit their great-grandparent and he remembers how their face would always brighten up when they saw the young people. And I was reminded of my recently deceased grandfather, who took pride in every one of his grandchildren, and who proudly had pictures of us scattered around his house, and lately in the nursing home.

This will be my first christmas without him, and I will miss him.

Take care of your elders folks.

Advertisement