Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drone recommendation please

• 05-12-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭

Good people of model world.
    Can someone point me in the right direction to purchase a decent starter drone, budget around the €150 mark. I have no idea about these things so any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

As well as the budget, what do you want to use it for? what do you expect from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pzermelzer

Interested in this too, something in similar price range that has decent camera with some longevity in battery life and beginner level range 500m

pzermelzer wrote: »
    Interested in this too, something in similar price range that has decent camera with some longevity in battery life and beginner level range 500m

You won't be able to get anything decent for that price range, you'll have to compromise heavily on all of those features.

And typically, a beginner mode means 100m or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Going to jump on bandwagon but it is not for myself but my brother. He has no idea of budget.

I seen the bargains thread for Xiaomi Mi Drone and was thinking of recommending but is it a good starter one?

Really he just wants to fly around house etc and see if he likes, then maybe invest in better version. Someone recommended one for about 1k but he doesn't want to spend anywhere near that, any ideas?

Would need be able to handle wind ok as he lives in windy enough spot.....thanks

I'd look into the DJI Spark, which starts at 500 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have a look at some of the hubsan brushless drones ,some great features and some can be got for around 150-200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I bought this as my first drone and I think it is probably the best €200 I spent. So easy to fly, great camera and it just seems like a lot of technology for unbelieveable value! Thanks to this thread alerting me to it.

BrianJD wrote: »
    I bought this as my first drone and I think it is probably the best €200 I spent. So easy to fly, great camera and it just seems like a lot of technology for unbelieveable value! Thanks to this thread alerting me to it.

THanks......my brother bought the Xiaomi Mi Drone and it is really really easy to use and seems to handle wind very easy

My little nephew now wants one and wants the Xiaomi Mi Drone but it is a lot for a 10 year old. I wonder how the Hubsan compares?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rubylad

I'd highly recommend the Ryze Tello drone, for €109. 
    https://store.dji.com/shop/tello-series
    It has a maximum height of 10m, but can easily be increased to 30m.  Also it's limited to the range of the wifi on your phone, but you can increase the range with a wifi repeater for about €10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement