Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denon avr-x1400 and lg oled, no sound for apps

Options
  • 05-12-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i know its been asked before for other tvs and amps but i've a problem where i cant get sound from the tvs apps to come through my new denon receiver.

I've a lg c6 and previousl had it connected to a yamaha rr-v667, all devices connected with hdmi and i used an optical cable from tv to receiver with sound input set to av1 to get the tvs apps to play sound.

i got a denon avr-x1400 last week as it has ARC and 4k etc... i've my sky, chromecast and blu ray connected to tv with hdmi and all play fine. But i've no sound for netflix, youtube etc, the tvs apps. i can only get sound by switching to the tvs speakers.

i've tried turning ARC on and off, and have also tried the oprital cable and still nothing, tried pcm etc

Has anyone any ideas please??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I have an LG C7 and Denon AVRX1400H and it works fine. I have all my devices connected to the AVR then the AVR connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) input.

Could try to unplug all other devices (sky, blu ray, etc). Also i'd assume the AVR is on "TV" input while you are using the apps. Is CEC enabled on both? Might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Thanks, I unplugged a lot if stiff and tried different combos and eventually got it working, my connections are all still the same so don't know why it's working now, but won't complain as long as it does!!

Advertisement