Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get close to this guitar tone

Options
  • 05-12-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi guys, how can i get a similar sound to the one this lead guitar player is using?. not too sure how to go about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMxAPfmdM_g
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Single coils, clean amp, tiny bit of slap back, and be a bogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kierc

Bogger suits lol!. When you say slap back, wht sort of effect is that called on a effects pedal.

Is it not a spring reverb on it?

Im a little new to effects but getting my head around it, so is it a form of delay effects ill need?

Are you doing this digitally or with a real amp?..yeah, its a strat into a clean tube amp..maybe a boost, with a touch of spring reverb on it id say,,

• Advertisement

Yeah, it could be a slap back delay as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Slapback is generally short 'tape or analogue' delay, much more staccato than wide hall type reverbs. However short plate reverbs can be similar to delay.

There looks to be a little bit of Chorus in the mix also (isn't there always).

Any cheap basic low cost pedal or multi-effects will do this.

If I ever had to play drums in one of those single-beat bands I'd consider that a musical failure of sorts.

tis actually a telecaster too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Probably so, but 2hrs of nightly slow steady march snare drumming could induce a coma. Perhaps the drummer gigs in a Rush coverband on off-days to keep sane.

• Advertisement

Yes i have a Pod Line 6 X3. This should get me going will it?. Thanks all for your help so far.

kierc wrote: »
    Yes i have a Pod Line 6 X3. This should get me going will it?. Thanks all for your help so far.

You could nearly play lead guitar in a Muse coverband with that board (fuzz, wha, saturated-hi-gain, octave-shift, 5th-harmonics, phaser, flanger...) never-mind a 2-step country swing gig.

The X3 can even handle direct bass cab emulation, and low-octave effects for anyone with just the 4 strings, probably has a chip just for XLR vocal compression/limiter.

Finally peeps, what sort of amp should i model ?.for that clean sound

Finally peeps, what sort of amp should i model ?.for that clean sound

Anything should do, with enough wattage. Fender does nice cleans, the top-line Mustang (is cheap solid-state range, and is non-tube) moves 150w into twin stereo 12's". With a 4-way foot switch and on-board effects could replace the effects board altogether.

Fender..touch of drive..hint of reverb..sorted..

Could you somehow sample a sound on a program like cubase and input that tone on the Pod X3?

Could you somehow sample a sound on a program like cubase and input that tone on the Pod X3?

no, probably not..have a look for fender bassman or twin amps on the pod..

Ok CQD, firstly appreciate the help. So i find a Bassman or Twin Amp model on the pod, then just add reverb and i should be there?

Ok CQD, firstly appreciate the help. So i find a Bassman or Twin Amp model on the pod, then just add reverb and i should be there?

Yeah, pretty much..

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://c7.zzounds.com/media/English-56d23172d2f4f614d378952e9d534c5b.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjln_mk5vXXAhWOF8AKHXNgDxUQFghHMAo&usg=AOvVaw2HqgYOTwHTA5ReRHbebG50

Have a look through this..tells you what amps are there..Yeah, fender..play around a bit with it..what kind of guitar have you?

Im using a Tele, and trying to get my head around all the effects lol, but im learning. Would it not sound a bit thin without compression or anything?

• Advertisement

Ive been trying but i still feel there's a "sparkel" in the tone i cant seem to get

Advertisement