Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemporary piano lessons, no Classical!

Options
  • 05-12-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any piano teachers in Cork who will teach an adult contemporary music?

I'd like to buy my boyfriend some lessons and I know he's not interested in classical music.

Like for instance he's just taught himself a Metallica song!
    But he'd like to learn the correct way to play and progress his skills.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a million,
    Miriam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

mirsiam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know of any piano teachers in Cork who will teach an adult contemporary music?

I'd like to buy my boyfriend some lessons and I know he's not interested in classical music.

Like for instance he's just taught himself a Metallica song!
    But he'd like to learn the correct way to play and progress his skills.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a million,
    Miriam

If he can play a Metallica song he can probably learn what he needs to from left hand chords and some right hand stuff with the odd chord.

Classical piano teaching is about building skills through drills and praciticing pieces which complement your current skill level. I get where you’re coming from but as someone who learned piano as a kid using classical music, and taught myself guitar, I wouldn’t pay for contemporary guitar lessons to learn to play metal - I would get lessons in classical and Spanish guitar and apply the skills.

Contemporary singers and musicians go to classical training techniques all the time to improve their performance and understanding of music.

That apart, have a look at this website I noticed before
    http://www.theacademyofpopularmusic.ie/instrumental-music-lessons-cork-ireland.php

I can’t vouch for them, but they teach what you’re looking for I’d wager

Advertisement