Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about smart/wireless switches.

Options
  • 05-12-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

So, our kitchen has 3 ceiling lights on a 3-prone switch next to the kitchen entrance door, and another set of lights under the press on a switch closer to them.

I would love to have a "master" wall switch next to the kitchen entrance with all 4, but since re-wiring is not an option, I thought this might be possible with smart switch or something like that? Maybe have a wireless device installed in the press lights switch too, controlled by the master? Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but you're the experts so here we go :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭bren2001

yannakis wrote: »
    So, our kitchen has 3 ceiling lights on a 3-prone switch next to the kitchen entrance door, and another set of lights under the press on a switch closer to them.

I would love to have a "master" wall switch next to the kitchen entrance with all 4, but since re-wiring is not an option, I thought this might be possible with smart switch or something like that? Maybe have a wireless device installed in the press lights switch too, controlled by the master? Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but you're the experts so here we go :D

If you replace all bulbs with Phillips Hue bulbs and get a dimmer switch, you can program it to give you 4 switches. This would functionally replace the two switches you currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

bren2001 wrote: »
    If you replace all bulbs with Phillips Hue bulbs and get a dimmer switch, you can program it to give you 4 switches. This would functionally replace the two switches you currently have.

That would be an option, however the press lights are not a universal type.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

yannakis wrote: »
    That would be an option, however the press lights are not a universal type.

Have you a picture or the model type?

Plenty of wireless control options for cabinet lighting now. You could use a switch, your phone or voice control with Echo/GH etc to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

It's the Integrated LED built-in light from Nobilia.

Advertisement