Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop order (where is it ? how to cancel? )

Options
  • 05-12-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I ordered 2 * games on their website on Nov 24th. 
    I still haven't received them !!
    I received an e-mail with a confirmation order number.
    I checked my Paypal, it's showing up there as well.
    I went onto  the website, entered my email/order-number but it shows up as invalid.
    I went into their shop and they say they can't help me, the online shop is a 'different' entity.
    I emailed them 2 days ago, no reply yet.
    I rang them, but it says to leave a message, I did, but no response yet !
    What can I do ? how do I cancel ? will I end up paying for nothing ?!?
    /end very frustrated customer rant eeek!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I ordered 2 * games on their website on Nov 24th. 
    I still haven't received them !!
    I received an e-mail with a confirmation order number.
    I checked my Paypal, it's showing up there as well.
    I went onto  the website, entered my email/order-number but it shows up as invalid.
    I went into their shop and they say they can't help me, the online shop is a 'different' entity.
    I emailed them 2 days ago, no reply yet.
    I rang them, but it says to leave a message, I did, but no response yet !
    What can I do ? how do I cancel ? will I end up paying for nothing ?!?
    /end very frustrated customer rant eeek!

Bit frustrating all right.

Did you check your bank / card to see if the funds came out?

I'd either send another email or wait for them to respond.

Or just keep trying to get through. It could be lost in the ether that is Christmas orders / post.

https://gamestopukie.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209500625-Contacting-Customer-Service-
    Contacting Customer Service

GameStop Contact Details

Phone:

Within Ireland:
    076 - 6805877
    International:
    00 353 (0)76 6805877

Before contacting us we recommend that you check out our FAQs where we have answers to our most commonly asked questions to save yourself some time.

Our Customer Service team are here to help Monday to Thursday: 8am to 4.30pm and Friday: 8am to 4pm GMT.

Email:

You can email us any time on hello@gamestop.ie

Emails are answered in the order in which they arrive. Sending duplicate support tickets will increase the time to answer your inquiry. Where possible please include your order number with your inquiry.

By Post:

GameStop
    Estuary House
    Swords Business Park
    Swords
    Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thanks for that.
    Amazing, but there seems to be no way to get through to someone to either find out about the order or to cancel it !?!
    Can I cancel it via Paypal I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Yeah this has been going on for a while with their online store only it's getting more publicity now on Facebook because of the Christmas rush.

I was in the same boat for items bought a while back. They never came. I couldn't get in contact with anyone.

And even if they do come stuff that's marked 'new' could easily be stuff that was on display, without packaging,etc..

Eventually, I opened a PayPal dispute and got the money back. It's probably your best bet now.

And obviously do your best to kick up a fuss and make it public because it's ridiculous. I was pretty annoyed stuff I bought on what I thought was a good deal they didn't even have in stock and then waiting for it can't imagine how annoyed people who bought xmas presents online will be.

Advertisement