Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMP website

Options
  • 05-12-2017 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone have any experience of ordering from this company, EMP? I've ordered Xmas presents for my son, website seems legit,but I have now read pretty mixed reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pmon76 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of ordering from this company, EMP? I've ordered Xmas presents for my son, website seems legit,but I have now read pretty mixed reviews.

EMP Merchandising also known as EMP Merchandising Handelsgesellschaft mbH, Large Popmerchandising, and Sweden Rock Shop is a German-based music mail order and merchandising store. The company distributes a quarterly catalog to customers. Wikipedia
    CEO: Ernst Trapp (Jan 2013–)
    Headquarters: Lingen, Germany
    Founded: 1986
    Type of business: Privately held company

Just reading some of the reviews, seems they take ages to deliver, in terms of weeks, 2 or 3.. if that's the same company you mean but yeah.. i'd give them a miss in future, though if in doubt email them with your order number and ask them if it's standard procedure or if there are seasonal delays, you can reasonably request a refund too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

I placed an order with them last December for about €100 worth of clothes, they arrived within a week and they all fit perfectly so I would definitely use them again.

I saw a lot of negative reviews for them as well around that time but most of them seemed to be people complaining about postage time (which is an issue with postal workers, dispatch time is an issue with the store but no one was complaining about that at the time) or people outside of Europe who didn't realise that they may need to pay import charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

EMP has been around in Germany for decades, I ordered from the a dozen times.

I can't comment on the irish version of it, but it's the same company after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pmon76

MissMayo wrote: »
    I placed an order with them last December for about €100 worth of clothes, they arrived within a week and they all fit perfectly so I would definitely use them again.

I saw a lot of negative reviews for them as well around that time but most of them seemed to be people complaining about postage time (which is an issue with postal workers, dispatch time is an issue with the store but no one was complaining about that at the time) or people outside of Europe who didn't realise that they may need to pay import charges.

Thanks for this info, I don't mind if they take a while, I was just concerned cos I didn't get any email to say they had been dispatched yet, just a little pre-xmas panic 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

pmon76 wrote: »
    Thanks for this info, I don't mind if they take a while, I was just concerned cos I didn't get any email to say they had been dispatched yet, just a little pre-xmas panic 😀

I remember being very surprised when the box arrived from them, and from what I can remember the reason that I was surprised was that they hadn't sent a dispatch email. I think I received one about two days AFTER the clothes arrived! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement