Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trial Period Ends

Options
  • 04-12-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I was in an interview today and they talked about it being a trial then maybe a job if worked out.

Neither of us had a clue if the trial didn't work out would I go straight back on the dole, they did offer to do up a letter to tell the dole I'm starting a trial etc

I'm guessing once it's them saying didn't work out etc, then you'll go back on jobseekers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

jeffk wrote: »
    I was in an interview today and they talked about it being a trial then maybe a job if worked out.

Neither of us had a clue if the trial didn't work out would I go straight back on the dole, they did offer to do up a letter to tell the dole I'm starting a trial etc

I'm guessing once it's them saying didn't work out etc, then you'll go back on jobseekers?

Short-term employment or training
    The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection operates a fast-tracking system for people who sign off a jobseeker's payment to take up work for a short period (up to 12 weeks) or to go on a short training course (up to 12 weeks). This ensures that your payment is re-instated without delay. It is important that you inform your Intreo Centre or local Social Welfare Branch Office in advance that you are taking up work or training. Your Rent Supplement claim can also be suspended for up to 12 weeks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=105467048

Make sure you are to be paid during the 'trial'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It's payment suspended and is quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

All changed so and for the better.

Remember I did seasonal work, finished Christmas week, took until February to get paid

Hopefully I get the trial now

So trial ended Monday,because making mistakes counting stock on my own

Went over to intro Tuesday,handed card nothing has changed,no

Left with five forms and see you January 2nd

So likely no pay for three weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So trial ended Monday,because making mistakes counting stock on my own

Went over to intro Tuesday,handed card nothing has changed,no

Left with five forms and see you January 2nd

So likely no pay for three weeks

Are you not going to get paid by your employer for last week?
    Fill in the forms, return them to intreo this afternoon, ask to see the CWO about an SWA.
    Why would you think you would be left with no SW payment for 3 weeks?

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Are you not going to get paid by your employer for last week?
    Fill in the forms, return them to intreo this afternoon, ask to see the CWO about an SWA.
    Why would you think you would be left with no SW payment for 3 weeks?

I got paid for yesterday and that's me finished with them

Luckily I'm careful and live at home, so thankfully won't be counting the pennies, but thanks for the information :cool:

Well its two weeks before the earliest and I meant earliest as in at 930 on the first day back(2Nd Jan), I'm guessing if I'm lucky its a week from that meeting ill get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I got paid for yesterday and that's me finished with them

Luckily I'm careful and live at home, so thankfully won't be counting the pennies, but thanks for the information :cool:

Well its two weeks before the earliest and I meant earliest as in at 930 on the first day back(2Nd Jan), I'm guessing if I'm lucky its a week from that meeting ill get paid

If you have no income this week then the CWO will see you for an emergency payment while you wait for your claim to be reopened .

Advertisement