Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Crafts on Etsy

Options
  • 04-12-2017 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Anyone got an Etsy shop? I need some advice. If I open a shop on Etsy, is a paypal account enough to start with or do I have to be able to accept credit cards and if so, how do I go about organising that? I've searched Etsy Help and asked elsewhere on Boards but I'm still very unsure how to start. Hope someone can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Its a busy time I know but, any advice at all please?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

I have an etsy shop, how it works is the public pay etsy directly, etsy then pay you monthly direct to your bank account. So no PayPal or credit cards!:)

Thanks. I assume you are using Etsy Payments? I've been reading a lot of negative comments online about it as it seems to be mandatory to use it or Etsy will 'revoke your selling privileges'. Also if using Paypal, can you use a personal Paypal account or do you have to open a merchant Paypal account? Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I take Etsy payments and PayPal, I find this better as I pay my bill from my monthly earnings (Etsy payments), other wise my bank would charge me for paying on dollars.

There's a Etsy sellers group on Facebook that's well worth joining.

Thanks. I'll do more research on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement