Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the Claire Byrne show on so late ?

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I don't get it, they pay the lady 200k per year but put her show on an after 10.30pm graveyard slot while at the same time they broadcast repeats in the 9.30pm slot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She follows either the monthly Crime Call or an RTÉ social documentry which the programme sometimes refers back to.

In terms of repeats in that slot, purely RTÉ like a good repeat.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just to note, there was not originally intended to be a repeat at 9:30pm. Earlier listings had an RTE Investigates documentary on the District Court scheduled in that slot. For whatever reason it was substituted for the repeat after most listings had gone to press.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,145 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you're talking about RTE timing, why do they have my kids of 4, 6 and 8 up at midnight watching the Toy Show?

It knocked their clocks off for days, they were more crabbit than usual.

NIMAN wrote: »
    If you're talking about RTE timing, why do they have my kids of 4, 6 and 8 up at midnight watching the Toy Show?

It knocked their clocks off for days, they were more crabbit than usual.

Why do you let your kids stay up? It's tradition!

That is off topic for discussion, can we stick to the original query please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Because they seem to not realise how good she is.
    It's almost being set up to fail with poor production values and general lack of focus.

RTE Investigates: Law and Disorder now rescheduled for next Monday at 9:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I always thought it was to take out Vin B's audience.

I always thought it was to take out Vin B's audience.

No they always seemed to move their Monday Night Current Affairs show. Q&A was on earlier at one stage and then moved, Frontline was also on at 9:35 for a while before being moved, Prime Time was also earlier and then move and the same for Claire Byrne Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭political analyst

10:35 p.m. isn't unduly late, in all fairness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement