Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my DEVIreg 550 fixable?

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a DEVIreg 550 which controls underfloor heating that's been acting up for a while but it wasn't a big deal until the cold weather arrived!!

Basically the control unit seems to reset every 60 seconds or so. I tried setting up a new timer sequence but it doesn't hold the setting and constantly reverts to the setting at the start of the video below.

In the video you can hear the unit "click" at 38 seconds then stay reset for just over a minute then resets again at 1:40.

I also set the unit to "Manual" mode at 1:47 and once again it resets back to the original setting at 2:41.

Does anyone on here have any experience with DEVIreg 550 devices? Is this unit goosed or can it be reset/fixed?

There's a known reset problem with the DEVIreg 550 which cannot be fixed per the video below. If my problem is the same then I guess I need to purchase and fit the updated "Touch" model - http://www.protilertools.co.uk/devireg-thermostats/35143/devireg-touch-digital-thermostat-white-140f1064

Appreciate any input as I'm at a total loss and don't want to purchase a €100 replacement unit unless I have to!!

Cheers.
    Post edited by 2011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarunahs

hey, man, did you manage to fix the problem or did you change the whole unit? I got the same issue. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

sarunahs wrote: »
    hey, man, did you manage to fix the problem or did you change the whole unit? I got the same issue. Thanks for the reply.

Couldn't fix it. Had to buy and install an updated version which works a treat.

Let me know if you need model info etc of the new unit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement