Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up tree vs standard artificial tree

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently looking at getting a new tree, after getting the old one down from the attic it looks positively miserable. I love the idea of a tree that looks great and literally pops up vs the older one I had where you had to take a good hour to tweak all the branches out to fullness.
    I'm just wondering is the reality of a pop up tree just that does it 'pop' or does that type also need tweaking? Thank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We reolaced our 30yo tree 5 years ago. The old one needed each branch put in individually.
    Over time some of them just wouldnt stay and a few would ens up sagging and droopy.
    The new one comes in 3 pieces. It was expensive but reduced to half pricec 2 days before Christmas. All thats needed is to slot the middle part onto the bottom part then the top part onto the middle.
    A bit of straightening and the branches are ready to decorate.
    So after all.that, yes a pop out tree is the better way y to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks rubberchikken that gives me a better idea of what pop up actually means. I'm now thinking for this year I might not have a tree and just wait till after the day and get one in the sales.
    There's just me and my dog so no kiddies to be disappointed by lack of tree and we can make do with the other decorative bits and bobs. I have a lot of pressies for buying so a tree is way down the list. Thanks for the info appreciate it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You can get some lovely pop-up trees nowadays, and they are pre lit and pre decorated, so great for convenience- but not so great if you want to decorate it with something particular or in a specific style!

Advertisement