Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know when the RTE Christmas TV guide will be out?

Options
  • 04-12-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when this years RTE Christmas TV guide will be out? It has become a kind of tradition in my house - buying the RTE Christmas TV guide.

Kind regards

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Although nothing has been officially confirmed, it is looking like the Christmas RTGuide will hit the shelves this Saturday the 9th of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Phat Dick

Will it cover December 16/29 Or December 23/Jan 5th I wonder ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Phat Dick wrote: »
    Will it cover December 16/29 Or December 23/Jan 5th I wonder ?

Rumoured to be December 23/Jan 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Gympodie wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when this years RTE Christmas TV guide will be out? It has become a kind of tradition in my house - buying the RTE Christmas TV guide.

Kind regards

It will be on sale from the 11th (mainly in Dublin) and nationwide from the 13th. It will cover Dec 23rd to Jan 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ladybird123

what about the Christmas TV Now Magazine? Anyone know when that will be out?

thanks

what about the Christmas TV Now Magazine? Anyone know when that will be out?

thanks

Should be out in around the 13th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's here!
    25299244_10155594336085189_7182674952230610002_n.jpg?oh=7a3e58f1e977119a219ceb3c337f5e9a&oe=5AC1F1EB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It only covers 23rd December to 5th January? I remember when it used to cover from the 18th December to 6th January :rolleyes:

leahyl wrote: »
    It only covers 23rd December to 5th January? I remember when it used to cover from the 18th December to 6th January :rolleyes:

Really? I don’t remember it ever being more than two weeks bumber edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    Really? I don’t remember it ever being more than two weeks bumber edition.

Definitely used to cover from 18th December up to womens little christmas years ago. I'm sure last year it was from the 17th/18th - I prefer to see the listings from the week before Christmas - even if it finished on New Years Day.

Yeah last years covered from the 18th to the 30th of December.

I think it’s just whatever the last 2 publishing weeks fall for the year they run with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 TheWarmNights

Checking what films are on each day, and I noticed RTE2 have forgotten to list the 6th Harry Potter. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

Those animated covers they have now are absolutely awful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Of the two main women on the cover, one has her legs spread, and the other has a skirt so short you can practically see her knickers.
    Lovely. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    Of the two main women on the cover, one has her legs spread, and the other has a skirt so short you can practically see her knickers.
    Lovely. :p

Sharon is moving to the nine o'clock news now. So, she can show a bit more leg.

Disgraceful behavior at this time of year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got my copy today

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

Has anybody got any recommendations for other TV listings/schedule guide for Christmas, i.e. RadioTimes etc? Thanks

The TV Now is the only other guide I can personally think of with Irish channel listings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement