Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarting up my garden lights

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Tryinig to figure out what my options are here for controling garden lighting.  Problem is the lights are powered from my garage.  Garage is 30 yrds away from back door and almost 50 yrds from my router.  I have one or two smart plugs operated by my Alexa which works a treat.  "Alexa, turn on the entertainment system"   will knock on the power for TV/Hifi.  Now I want the same "alexa, turn on the garden lights"  but I can't use a smart wireless wifi plug cause it will be out of the range of my router.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well a wifi extender might work.

Or better again a wifi mesh set up.

You'll probably hit this issue more in the garden with cameras and doorbells etc

Some Alexa approved zigbee set up where devices increase the control network reach works

Advertisement