Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Self Install questions

Options
  • 03-12-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi Just purchased Hive + Hotwater Self install.

Before I install just wanted to ask a few questions

House Built in 2004 Boiler is a Vokera 35HE with a built in analog timer with 15min switches on it. Single Zone system

There is a thermostat in the hall docent seem to do much except switch motorised valve upstairs for hot water only or Heating + hotwater. dosent call for heat when you turn up the thermostat.

Looking at boiler I have found the PCB and with me multi meter found The Permanent live + neutral also fond the switched Live for Boiler on /off

Also found the Switched lived from the thermostat to turn the moterised valve on and off.

So questions

Do I just disconnect the Wires for the old Thermostats at both ends and then put a cover plate over or the New Hive

Do I disconnect the cables on the Timer on the boiler also ?

Then how do I wire up the hive Ill need to run a six core cable ?

the diagram has
    N
    L
    HW Off
    Heating Off
    HW on
    Heating on

any help appreciated
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

So was thinking do I just connect

N
    L
    HW on
    Heating On

and leave the
    HW Off
    Heating Off

appreciate any advice

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

garyh3 wrote: »
    So was thinking do I just connect

N
    L
    HW on
    Heating On

and leave the
    HW Off
    Heating Off

appreciate any advice

Gary

Try the plumbing and heating forum, there is more technical information on hive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Ok opened in Pluming section MODS please can you delete this thread or Close thanks

Advertisement