Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horstmann economy7 clock loses time

Options
  • 03-12-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody.

I'm facing this issue with my horstmann economy7 device used to automatically turn on the heating pump for water heating. The device I have is not a digital one, but has a rotatory disk which keeps track of time.

The device is set up correctly, in the sense that the time window in which it is turned on is aligned with the night/day intervals of my electricity provider.

However, what I'm experiencing is that - even after setting the clock to the proper time - it loses time and as a consequence it starts and stops the heating of water in wrong periods.

I think it might be something related to the internal battery that may need to be replaced. Di you have any experience like this? If yes how did you solved it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The battery is there to keep correct time in the event of a main electrical power failure, but plays no role once mains is connected.
    If it keeps straying off the correct time the time clock needs replacing.

Advertisement