Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Experience Feelings of Dread

Options
  • 03-12-2017 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

in your basement or attic? Troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?

Is there any particular place that gives you the heebie-jeebies? The wibbly-wobblers?

Theres a space at the top of the stairs, and for whatever reason when I pass it in the dark I get that "hair-raising" sensation.

Maybe a landlord died there many moons ago, complications with the duodenum or something.

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

Get some employment op, give up drugs. Stop being a drain on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

No. Do you? Made a point of walking around a supposed haunted isolated ruin in the dead of night in complete darkness.

The only thing that fills me with dread is thinking about some reported accident or incident and my imagination says "what if it happened to my kids!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Laying in a bed in my room where many of my relatives were laid out after dying (old house)

So yea nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

What do you reckon?

Don't you mean "Who you gonna call?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm fearless when the missus is close by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just existential dread, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was a child I used dread that a man would come and take me away for being bold!

Mortality sucks. Your parents die, then you have dread. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I've seen horrors... It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I used to get a sense of dread in a house I lived in that didn't have a lock on my bedroom door. Otherwise I can dread going to work, using public transport, dining or walking by myself etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I dredd 2000 AD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

in your basement or attic? Troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?

Is there any particular place that gives you the heebie-jeebies? The wibbly-wobblers?

Theres a space at the top of the stairs, and for whatever reason when I pass it in the dark I get that "hair-raising" sensation.

Maybe a landlord died there many moons ago, complications with the duodenum or something.

What do you reckon?

Ever since I first saw the grudge......well lets just say I hate going into the attic...

Also every Sunday night I feel the dread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yes......when the Super Star Destroyer heaves into view in "Empire"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No. Although clicking on to some of the posts in AH can dredge up a little bit occasionally.

We have sliding doors leading out to a patio, and there is a raised aluminium strip across the bottom of the door frame on which the doors slide.

Every single time I step over it, I flash on an image of myself tripping and smashing face-first onto the tiles outside. I have a moment of dread every time I approach it because of this. I just hope it's not a premonition or self-fulfilling prophecy.

Advertisement