Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeMo Smart Plug issue

Options
  • 02-12-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a WeMo smart plug from Amazon this week and have tried setting it up but with no luck, plugged in it in beside the router, same room. Turned off the smart Wi-Fi switcher on my device as it suggested. Connected to the WeMo Wi-Fi spot. Input my password for my own Wi-Fi, which has no special characters and it keeps saying it could not connect to retry entering the password. Tried over 50 times at this stage with no luck.

Anyone using one and have previously overcome this or a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

may not help but i put in some sonoff switches today and they kept going offline. logged on router and disabled 5ghz wifi and they connected no problem. I also switched on AP isolation.

not sure if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

They do mention only to use 2.4ghz frequency so might try that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

No luck with the frequency anyway, anyone else have these plugs at all and working successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yes this problem presented itself after a power outage on me.

Tried lots of things but took ages to fix.
    In the end reset the plugs turned off smart WiFi switcher, temporarily removed the WPA and firewall from the router and added the switches, then turned everything back on. I right pain but it was the only way I could find to solve it.

Advertisement