Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet365 settled early in my favour

Options
  • 02-12-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Not that Im complaining but I am just wondering has anyone experienced this before?

Just curious as to what would be the reason, admin purposes maybe?

I had Everton backed to win, and at about 85 minutes they were 2-0 up and not looking like they were in any danger. I noticed I couldnt find the bet in my "unsettled" or live bets only to realise it has been settled (in fact the match still is not over as I type).

EDIT: It was only €50 which Im sure influenced the decision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They have a special currently where if the team you back (single, straight win) goes 2 goals up they pay out.

Paddy Power did the same for a short while before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Oh I didnt realise that! Cheers, to be fair that would influence my decision a bit maybe, because I ended up putting the money on another bookies with slightly better odds but it would make me think twice just to avoid any crazy upsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

wylo wrote: »
    Oh I didnt realise that! Cheers, to be fair that would influence my decision a bit maybe, because I ended up putting the money on another bookies with slightly better odds but it would make me think twice just to avoid any crazy upsets.

Didn't Newcastle come from 2 goals down to draw last weekend? It's certainly a handy insurance policy to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Paddy Power odds are much worse in the majority of games versus Bet Victor for example.

The percentage of the time that a team who is winning by 2 goals will fail to win is tiny and not worth betting with Paddy Power to get this offer.

Bet365 generally have better odds than Paddy Power so if you really want this offer you should use Bet365.

As a bettor who bets singles mainly I'm anti Paddy Power for the main markets of win-draw-win and over/under as they offer specials (accumulators) to get losing bettors to stay with them and offer poor odds so the more experienced bettors bet elsewhere. It works well for them but with all the options available online there is no reason to bet with them the majority of the time.

Advertisement