Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you prefer them skinny or fat?

Options
  • 02-12-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭

I have a fat one. The only one I've ever had. Much loved & appreciated, but I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade to a newer skinny model.

Every year we have to re-arrange furniture, remove a unit, put it in the corner & then secure it to the wall & a hook in the cieling.

It's about 7' tall & easily 5' circumference. Fairly bushy

However, the year before last one of the three parts of the stand broke which means it's slightly unbalanced (a bit like me). I was thinking of getting a skinny model. We'd probably still have to move the unit out, but there'd be more "room". I think tree technology has probably moved on in the fifteen or so years since we got ours, so it's probably easier to assemble too.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My sitting room is very big- but it's not the widest, and the ends and corners have a sofa/bookcase/TV/piano/cabinet in them- so I have a skinny tree!
    Much easier to manage. And since I have a mischeivous dog, I can't have too many decorations down the bottom of the tree, so a wide base wouldn't suit me at all!

I also have a skinny pop-up tree for the hall and a skinny pop up tree for the kitchen! :)

This is the tree I have.

nzjTUKe.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Plump on the bottom to middle and skinny on the top is my preference.

Advertisement