Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Do you prefer them skinny or fat?

• 02-12-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭ OU812

I have a fat one. The only one I've ever had. Much loved & appreciated, but I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade to a newer skinny model.

Every year we have to re-arrange furniture, remove a unit, put it in the corner & then secure it to the wall & a hook in the cieling.

It's about 7' tall & easily 5' circumference. Fairly bushy

However, the year before last one of the three parts of the stand broke which means it's slightly unbalanced (a bit like me). I was thinking of getting a skinny model. We'd probably still have to move the unit out, but there'd be more "room". I think tree technology has probably moved on in the fifteen or so years since we got ours, so it's probably easier to assemble too.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

My sitting room is very big- but it's not the widest, and the ends and corners have a sofa/bookcase/TV/piano/cabinet in them- so I have a skinny tree!
    Much easier to manage. And since I have a mischeivous dog, I can't have too many decorations down the bottom of the tree, so a wide base wouldn't suit me at all!

I also have a skinny pop-up tree for the hall and a skinny pop up tree for the kitchen! :)

This is the tree I have.

nzjTUKe.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭ WoollyRedHat

Plump on the bottom to middle and skinny on the top is my preference.

Advertisement