Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking natural soya protein chunks...?

Options
  • 02-12-2017 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey I just bought a bag of natural soya protein chunks from holland and barretts and im just wondering has anyone on here ever had an experience with cooking or eating them?

doesn't give a lot of info on the bag. It just says add 50g to 150ml of water and let it swell, doesn't say if its too be hot or cold or anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

If you have ever used TVP this is basically the same thing only bigger. I rehydrate mine in hot vegetable stock (or hot water), or if I'm using them in a curry (sometimes I use them instead of lamb) I just through then into the curry while still dry. Be careful if you do that though as they can absorb quite a bit of water and make the sauce thicker than expected!

Advertisement